The Idea of Uni-S.E.X.
This is the basic idea around which Uni-S.E.X. develops. If you are interested in it, and you want to open a Uni-S.E.X. section, or simply know something more about Uni-S.E.X., please E-Mail us immediately|
Unfortunately this is the only document you can read in English, the rest is in Italian. A complete translation is coming soon...
Uni-S.E.X. was founded with 3 major aims:
- to diffuse an environmental culture among students of
any nationality and university.
- to promote activities which would increase
social contacts among university students, always respecting
cultural differences and the environment.
- to foster the exchange of students among universities
in which sections of Uni-S.E.X. are active, and in general fostering
These aims are affected by:
- Small scale interventions - Practical actions
- Recycling campaign inside University (both in offices and
classes). Introduction of paper-bins, aluminium cans compressors,
recyclable-plastic containers, etc...
- Reduction of energy/resources waste (e.g.: paper, heating,
double door systems, etc.)
- Promotion of the use of the BIKE and of the public
- Safe and covered bicycle-parks
- Cycle paths to universities (Utopia?)
- General sensitisation to increase the use of the bike
as an alternative transport to the car
- Large scale interventions - Educational actions
- Insertion of environment-related subjects in most university
- As a distinct subject
- Integrated into other courses (e.g.: building science, energy
engineering, economics, political science, etc.)
- Lectures about environmental subjects (e.g.: Economy and Environment,
Engineering and Environment, Power stations, Fuels and pollution,
- Seminars and training courses
- Campaigns on many themes (collaborating with bigger
organisations such as GreenPeace, WWF, etc.)
- Socialisation activities and group actions
- Weekends - Excursions
- Work/Summer camps (in collaboration with other organisations)
- Cleaning - Restoring - Volunteer activities (e.g.: cleaning
of woods, beaches, towns, parks, etc.)
- Sharing everyone's skills
- Information and exchange activities (
Based on the Internet concerning international and
long distance relations among Uni-S.E.X. sections and other organisations).
- International exchanges, mainly with an environmental
- GOSEA (Global Organization of Students for Environmental Action) relationship and partnership (Read the THE GLOBAL STUDENT ENVIRONMENTAL CHARTER)
- Summercamps and international seminars
- Reception of foreign student members of Uni-S.E.X.
- Internet conferences on common interesting subjects
- Proposal (by means of different Uni-S.E.X. sections) of new
educational exchange projects (Erasmus, Socrates, double diploma,
etc.). In effect, every section should propose some local study
course that other sections can submit to their own university
- Activities aimed at helping students who are participating
in a student exchange, both coming or going to a Uni-S.E.X.
section. (Reception, information, gathering of experiences of other students, mentorships, etc.). Probably, entrance into
a bigger European network with similar aims.
Unfortunately most of this site is in Italian, if someone requires it, we will soon provide an extended English version. By the moment, have a look at the Italian site or
contact us, please.
You are the English speaking visitor
and the visitor of any language